Just got this in the mail. Very excited for the 3rd edition!
There are lot’s of new updates and material around the reality of social media as a mature practice integral to any business or organization strategy. For those who have used the previous editions it will be easy to adopt as the strategic process, main topics and chapters remain the same.
- New social media career section with job titles, descriptions, salary, social manager mental health, links to job sites plus descriptions of various departments and agencies social pros work including as solopreneurs.
- A new section on Tik Tok, the maturing of social media and what that means to social strategy plus updates to all social platforms.
- A new section that defines and explains social media strategic plans including a complete outline presented early in the text to guide social media plan development.
- New section on content creation including creative briefs, idea generation, personas and best practices for social media writing and design.
- Expanded details on social media crisis communication with a section on COVID-19, diversity and multicultural marketing, George Floyd protests and expanded definitions and practices for influencer marketing.
- 38 new applied examples spread throughout every chapter from brands such as GoPro, Pura Vida, Hydroflask, KLM, Mac Trucks, The Economist, Girl Scouts, Liquid-Plumr, Crock-Pot and John Deere.
- There are new and expanded sections on messenger chatbots, artificial intelligence, mobile first media, and corporate social responsibility.
- The law chapter has added the new FTC Statement on Deceptive Native Ads, the FTC Consumer Review Fairness Act, examples of the FTC taking action, California Consumer Protection Act, and California Bot Disclosure Law.
- Added links to professional certifications in related chapters from Hootsuite Academy, Cision, Meltwater, HubSpot Academy, Facebook Blueprint, Snapchat Explore, Pinterest Academy, Twitter Flight School, YouTube Creator Academy, Canva Design School and more.
- Ethical issues are now addressed throughout the book not just in the last chapter. This includes an ethics focused question in every chapter relevant to chapter specific topics.
- In addition to previous Chapter Checklists that direct readers to seek out the latest stats and developments, new Key Concepts lists serve as easy chapter review.
- Instructor support materials include test banks, chapter outlines, templates, guides, applied case briefs, example graduate/undergraduate syllabi with class exercises and discussion prompts and assignments. Plus new PowerPoint slides with learning objectives.
Finally, I’ve expanded terms, concepts and theories to further include multiple discipline and organization perspectives from public relations to marketing and advertising for small business, big corporations, B2C, B2B and nonprofits. Social media jobs are in all these discipline departments and agencies and in various types of businesses and organizations.
To succeed social pros need a cross-discipline perspective to integrate strategies, prove ROI, and speak the language of the people they work for and with. Social Media Strategy is designed for this reality to be at home in any social media class whether in a marketing, public relations, advertising, strategic communications, or IMC program.
Free exam copy and instructor support materials available now and share code RLFANDF25 with your students to save 25% off the paperback or eBook at: https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781538138168